Thursday, November 02, 2006

Feedback...

I have been working on some... very atypical art for me. I'd like to know what you all, as artists and non-artists, think about it. What do you see in them, what interests you, or perhaps what doesn't interest you. Also which are your favorites. Some of them are going in a show in Dec and I want to know which ones people respond to.

And you'll have to forgive the web site, the colors are much more vibrant and saturated in person. I guess you'll just have to come to my show at the Frank Stone Gallery, Dec 1 - 3 to see them for yourself. (There's definitely not any shameless self promotion here... no way...)
#1


#2


#3


#4


#5


#6


#7


#8


#9


#10

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! Are these pictures of fireworks?
I really like 2,3, and 5 the best. The pictures seem so alive and full of movement, and then it's weird to realize they're stills. Very cool effect!

12:55 PM, November 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like 1, 4, 5, 8, and 10 the best. They seem to be pictures of fireworks, but if I let my mind wander a bit, I fancy that I could see them at Shedd Aquarium. Those pics seem to have an organic quality about them that makes them more interesting than the more typical lines of light I've seen over an over again.

For instance, in 4, the illusion is really carried for my by the slightly out of focus, red, thick lines in the background. It really gives me the looking-through-water-at-something-alive feeling. The green flower pattern at the top of 8 has an organic quality too it as well.

5:44 PM, November 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this series of photos! They are so very interesting. They do seem organic/from nature (the shapes, the colors) and yet I wonder... how did you manipulate the photo taking process to create them? They seem unnatural, too. I like them all but #1 is my favorite.

6:05 PM, November 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think these are awesome! I like 1,3,5 the best.

9:34 AM, November 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These aren't fireworks or some sort of burning thing??? Fooled me. I don't care for 6, it's disturbing...I think it's the finger like thing sticking out...kinda creepy. My favorite was 8, more floral, which I like. I also liked 2 and 3...they reminded me of doing those scratch pictures on paper that you colored on with all the colors and then put black on top and scratched through to get all the colors. Very unique. Not perhaps my favorite of your works, but I'm not much of an abstract girl. :)

12:15 PM, November 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm long exposures of some types of burning filement or maybe heated glass moving around slowly??

Anyways, the images are very interesting. I bet they would look even better printed out and matted and framed on a wall somewhere....

9:18 AM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Very different for you!

I like them and can't wait to see the prints.

11:33 AM, November 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home