Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Has Anyone Seen this Man?

I was out taking pictures (as I often do) about a month ago and had an interesting encounter. I just now got around scanning my film (yes I know, scanning, how unpurest). Anyway I wanted a little show and tell session to tell you all what happened. I was at the U (as I often am) in-between the Wilson Library and Carlson School of Business... I say this to state that I was in a "good" part of the campus, not that there are any bad parts of the campus, but one is more likely to run into strange people say... around the art/dance/theater buildings, but I digress. I was taking pictures with Viggo (aka my Hasselblad, and yes he does have a name, and no I did not name him, and yes I do use the name anyway), and you all know how sexy and irresistible Viggo is - and if you don't just humor me becausse for a camera he's pretty hot.

So I had just taken him out of his camera case, and was taking a meter reading in preperation for making a photo when this relatively normal looking man with no front teeth walked up to me and asked if I would take his picture. I paused thinking that it costs me about $1 per frame to shoot with this camera (film and processing you know), but then thought that the guy did have an interesting look about him so agreed. He took a step back, straightened his back, raised his chin and looked at me with a very picturesque stern face. I framed up the shot, waited for the right expression, and took the picture.

I was going to ask his name and expected that he was going to ask for a copy of the photo (which I probably would have made for him) when he started coughing, I’m not sure if it was on purpose so he didn’t have to talk to me or coincidentally, but between fits of coughing he was able to take a breath said, "Thanks, you're great, love ya!" and walked away still coughing a little. So now I have his picture...


Perhaps I should begin a new series, "People on the street who asked me to talke their picture."

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Houdek said...

Just the other day (Fri Aug 25th) I was on a residential street walking with a friend, with my tripod and Viggo because there was a picture that needed to be made. After making the picture on the way back a car full of teenage boys was driving by and stopped and yelled out the car window, "Would you take my picture?" The sun was going down and there wasn't enough light to shoot so I said no, but I could totally start a, random people who ask me to take their picture series!

9:52 PM, August 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home