Wednesday, November 21, 2007

World Traveler


There are the peach rings, solid coated, processed, artificially flavored sugar. Sometime during my travels they became my official traveling food. So, since I've recently become the world traveler I thought it appropriate.


In October I went to China with the other wonderful photo grads/friends from the art department here at the University. There we all are on Nanjing road in Shanghai above. It was fabulous. We all had photographs showing in AnJi (as small town about a 4-hour drive away from Shanghai) at their Bamboo Photo Festival. Then we made our way to Beijing where we presented our work at the Beijing Film Academy. It was good fun and a priceless experience.

My next travel, 2 weeks after returning from China was to Flint, Michigan. A bit less exotic.... well much less exotic. I went with two other fabulous grads/friends (Sarah and Andrew) from the department to go to the Society for Photographic Education (SPE) Midewst Conference. I was speaking as well as well as Sarah, and we got to see Edward Burtynsky speak which was fabulous! We met up with some other photographers from the cities and had a good time, despite the fact that we were in Flint

Now, soon I'm off to Tuscon to visit some friends.

And all during my graduate thesis year... I've been busy!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home