How strange is it...
Earlier this week, in the beginning photography class I teach at the U, I had individual conferences with each of my students about their final projects. One of the students came ready to go with sketches and ideas galore! I was impressed. Anyway, one of the sketches involved an idea that he started in an earlier assignment with a shadow on the wall of someone holding their hands as if it was a bird. Then he was going to have a dead bird on a table underneath that shadow. Along with the idea he mentioned that he had no idea where he would get a dead bird. Me, well I said that my parents happen to have a dead bird in their freezer that I could possibly aquire for him if he wanted it. He was actually pretty interested, but a little weirded out at the same time.
Is that strange? That someone would have a dead bird in their freezer that is?
My mom found it outside about a week ago and put it in the freezer hoping to give it to the nature center near by so they could study it, dissect it, stuff it, or do whatever with it. Otherwise, someday it will get buried in the woods, or used for a photo project. We'll see what happens...
Is that strange? That someone would have a dead bird in their freezer that is?
My mom found it outside about a week ago and put it in the freezer hoping to give it to the nature center near by so they could study it, dissect it, stuff it, or do whatever with it. Otherwise, someday it will get buried in the woods, or used for a photo project. We'll see what happens...
Labels: Grad School, Photos, Random Rambling, Teaching

2 Comments:
Was their some reason that this bird would be useful for study? Like was it a weird or random bird death? I don't know if it would be weird, but would it be sanitary?
My mom started nursing school when I was in 7th grade. She was fascinated by the various organisms handed over for dissection- especially the cadavar. I don't know how she sweet-talked the instructor (or if she just slipped them into her pockets...) but one year for Christmas I opened a very cold package to find--- a dead starfish and an equally dead frog. Luckily they wouldn't let her get away with smuggling out a human stiff for a stocking stuffer.
Post a Comment
<< Home