Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bananas and Cheese

I had final critique in my class at the U a few weeks ago. We all brought food and had dinner before talking about art. At the beginning of every class I take attendance by asking a silly question that we go around the room and answer. One day the question was, “What is your favorite exotic fruit?”

There were a variety of answers, I remember star fruit was a popular one, and then someone said bananas. I asked if he ever wrapped cheese around his banana when he ate it. The whole class looked at me like I was crazy, so for the final critique I brought bananas and cheese.

No one touched the bananas or cheese until I ate one in front of everyone. You know, just wrap the slice of cheese around the banana as you eat it. It’s good… really! I think I picked it up from “Mr. Rogers” years and years ago. After I demonstrated a few people tried it, but no one seemed to really like it. Am I crazy?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caroline, I have never heard of Bananas and cheese. However, before I completely dismiss it as the work of a madwoman, I'll be happy to try it. So, I challenge to bring the B&C to some future gathering.

4:01 PM, June 06, 2007  
Blogger Girl Ferret said...

I'm a honey-and-cheese girl myself. A bit sticky...but delicious!!

12:46 PM, July 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home