78 Photography Rules for Complete Idiots
Taken from: 78 Photography Rules for Complete Idiots
Perhaps I should incorporate some of these into my curriculum!
Some of my favorites:

I have a student who does this ALL THE TIME, she's great, don't get me wrong. I think I've shown her the light though!

But what if I don't have a 4x5 camera? Just kidding, OF COURSE I have a 4x5 camera!

Oh come on now, everyone likes pictures when they have funky looks on their faces!

How very true... and deep...

KITTY!

There's almost ALWAYS that problem with digital... better stick with film! ;-)

Well, if it's about the Henry Cartier-Bresson and the Decisive Moment it's gotta be good!

Remember, the reflective meter reads 18% gray! Over expose by 2 stops and you'll be fine! My students groan every time I say this, but at least they remember!

I keep saying, "Vantage, vantage, vantage!"

As one of my students said while I was in grad school,"The meter shows you the way."

...or let's just stay away from flowers all together...

Oh come on! Now they are just taking the fun out of editing images!

With my photographer's eye and my extensive experience with color balance I would have to call that color Magenta, NOT Purple!
For all 78: 78 Photography Rules for Complete Idiots
Perhaps I should incorporate some of these into my curriculum!
Some of my favorites:

I have a student who does this ALL THE TIME, she's great, don't get me wrong. I think I've shown her the light though!

But what if I don't have a 4x5 camera? Just kidding, OF COURSE I have a 4x5 camera!

Oh come on now, everyone likes pictures when they have funky looks on their faces!

How very true... and deep...

KITTY!

There's almost ALWAYS that problem with digital... better stick with film! ;-)

Well, if it's about the Henry Cartier-Bresson and the Decisive Moment it's gotta be good!

Remember, the reflective meter reads 18% gray! Over expose by 2 stops and you'll be fine! My students groan every time I say this, but at least they remember!

I keep saying, "Vantage, vantage, vantage!"

As one of my students said while I was in grad school,"The meter shows you the way."

...or let's just stay away from flowers all together...

Oh come on! Now they are just taking the fun out of editing images!

With my photographer's eye and my extensive experience with color balance I would have to call that color Magenta, NOT Purple!
For all 78: 78 Photography Rules for Complete Idiots
Labels: Art, Photos, Random Rambling, Teaching

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home